• 1cup butter, softened
• 1 cup butter Crisco
• 3 cups sugar, 1/2 cup divided to use for cinnamon mixture
• 4 eggs
• 4 teaspoons vanilla
• 5 1/2 cups flour
• 4 teaspoons cream of tartar
• 2 teaspoons baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 2 tablespoons cinnamon
1. Preheat oven 350 degree.
2. In a large mixer, cream butter, crisco and sugar until smooth and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix well.
3. Stir in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
4. In a separate bowl, stir together your cinnamon and sugar. Set aside.
5. Refrigerate the dough for one hour. Roll dough into 1 inch balls. Transfer to cinnamon-sugar mixture until completely covered. Place cookies on parchment-lined cookie sheet. Press cookie balls down using the bottom of a cup. *Be sure to slightly grease the bottom of your cup to avoid sticking. Or you can place a sheet of parchment paper on top of your cookies and with a rolling pin, press the cookies. Do not roll them too much, you will end up having a really flat cookie.
6. Bake cookies for 8-9 minutes. Let cookies cool for a minute then transfer onto a cooling rack. Let cookies cool completely.