• 2 1/4 cups flour
• 2 tablespoons sugar
• 1 cup cold butter, (2 sticks, cut into cubes)
• 7-12 tablespoons ice cold water
• 1 egg
1. In a stand mixer add flour and sugar. Mix to combine. Add butter. Blend until the dough and butter are the size of a pea.
2. Add water, one tablespoon at a time until dough comes together.
3. Remove the dough and transfer to a floured surface. Form dough into two disks. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled. At least one hour.
4. Roll out the dough into a round circle, approximately 11-12 inches wide. Line a 9 inch pie pan with your dough. Making sure to cut off any excess dough around the edges.
5. Fill with your favorite pie filling.