• 1 pound organic ground beef
• 1 packet taco seasoning (I prefer my homemade)
• 10 (8-inch) Frescadaos flour tortillas
• 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
• 1 (8 oz) jar taco sauce
• 1 1/2 cup Mexican four cheddar, shredded cheese
• 1 large diced tomatoes
• 1 can sliced ripe olives
• 1 cup canola oil
• green onions, sliced
• Sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil on medium heat.
- Fry each tortilla in oil until lightly browned on both sides and crisp, remove and set aside on a plate lined with paper towel.
- Cook the ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Drain grease. Add taco seasoning, water and stir to combine. Remove from heat.
- In a small pan on medium heat, warm the refried beans.
- Place a single layer of the beans on one crispy tortilla, followed by 2-3 tablespoons taco meat, a teaspoon of your taco sauce and sprinkle some cheese then add another taco shell on top. Sprinkle with cheese and bake in oven until cheese is melted and bubbly on top.
- Bakes in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly
Remove from oven, let set for 5 minutes garnish with green onions, sliced olives and sour cream.