• 12 eggs, beaten • 1/2 medium white onion, diced • 12 bacon slices, chopped • 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded • 1/2 cup cheddar jack, shredded. • 1/4 can RO*TEL tomatoes, hot • 1/4 cup organic simple truth thick &
chunky salsa, medium • 1 tbsp butter • 2 tbs olive oil • 5-6 corn tortillas, cut into strips
- Whisk the eggs. Add cheese and stir until well blended. Set aside.
- Cut the corn tortillas into small strips about 1/4 inch wide.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the oil and a tablespoon of butter. When the oil is hot, add the tortilla strips, stirring frequently, until browned and crisp. About 5-6 min. Once golden, remove the tortillas and place on a paper towel lined plate to absorb the extra oil. Set aside.
- In the same skillet, add your chopped bacon and cook until crisp. Continue to turn the bacon often for even cooking. Remove to paper towel lined plate. Set aside.
- In the same pan, add 1 Tbsp butter. Once heated, add the onions and cook until they are tender. Add your eggs. Cook the eggs, stirring often, until the eggs begin to set, then add the RO*TEL tomatoes and salsa. Blend till combined. Incorporate the crispy bacon and mix well.
- Garnish with your crispy tortillas