1 cup butter shortening
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup ripe banana, mashed
½ cup buttermilk
2 teaspoons blue agave sweetener
3 cups flour
1½ teaspoons baking soda
*if you don’t have buttermilk, add one tablespoon of vinegar to your milk and let it sit for 3-5 min.
3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
3-4 tablespoons evaporated milk
½ cup butter shortening
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 2 large cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer, cream together the shortening, sugar and eggs.
- Add the banana, buttermilk and blue agave and mix thoroughly.
- Add the flour and baking soda. Combine well. Using a tablespoon, put 1 tablespoon of dough on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake cookies for 10-11 minutes and let cool on a cooling rack.
1.Using your hand mixer, beat the butter shortening, powdered sugar and milk until fluffy, adding more tablespoons of evaporated milk as necessary. Add your frosting to cookies and garnish with powdered sugar.