• 4 eggs (whites separated) • 1/2 cups milk •1/2 cup half and half • 2 teaspoons vanilla • 2 cup butter, melted
• 1 1/2 cups cane sugar • 1 cup yellow cornmeal • 2 cups flour
• 1 teaspoon baking
- In a medium-sized bowl, add the yolks, milk, half and half, vanilla, melted butter and sugar. Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Add the cornmeal, flour and baking powder and mix to combine. Don’t over mix.
- With a hand mixer, mix the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold into batter.
- Pour batter into a greased 9×13 pan. Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the mixture comes out clean.